This design centers around oversized campagne and other crusty hearty breads. It’s piques interest and comforts all at once!
Handprinted on 100% Linen, this deep red would be perfect for a shacket or full gathered skirt. It would be make the ultimate tablecloth too! It has a 70cm repeat and also comes in blue
gochisou (ご馳走) is the indie textile brand behind this deisgn. It translates to mean a delicious meal, particularly treating guests with delicious meals.
Design house gochisou, is founded in the concept of encouraging people to revisit the way we think about meals. Designer, Ako, creates her fabrics with hope that they help people to pause, appreciate the food, forget how busy they are, and cherish time spent eating delicious meals with the precious people in your life.
Ako’ s atelier is in Tokyo and is filled with gorgeous textiles displaying delicious treats and their vessels!
She creates all her designs by hand first. She loves layering colours to create a unique flavour to each piece. They are then hand printed resulting one of a kind textiles with a beautiful texture. Her ethos is all about connection – to the textiles, the food and the people around you.
Because all gochisou fabrics are hand printed and they can not be produced in large quantities.
50cm x 112cm wide : 19.5″ x 44″ wide
Sold in 50cm, for continuous yardage select multiple quantities.
1 → 50cm
2 → 1m
3 → 1.5m
4 → 2m
· Because of the nature of the material, some shrinkage occurs with washing (allow for shrinkage of approximately 2%)
· Due to the nature of hand printing, there may be differences in colour, bleeding, alignment etc. There will also be a visible join mark where the design stencils begin and end – this is called the katakuchi and is integrated into the fabric design.
· Different fabric substrates will absorb the dye differently and may affect the crispness of the lines and the intensity of the colours.
· Please be aware that some screens will display colour different depending on their settings.
· Please contact me prior to purchasing the fabric for commercial use email@example.com